Shipping & Returns
Last updated: February 18, 2021
We offer multiple shipping methods from two carriers: United Parcel Service (UPS) and United States Postal Service (USPS). The customer may select which carrier to use for shipment at time of checkout.
Shipping rates are calculated by EasyPost, based on current rates for weight and destination.
We also offer In-Store Pickup for any order. Orders must be picked up by the customer within 30 days of purchasing online. The customer must show government-issued identification verifying that their identity matches the billing information entered at time of checkout online. Pickups may not be made by anyone other than the original purchaser.
Pickup times must be within the operating hours of the store (usually 10AM to 6PM, daily). If purchase is not picked up within 30 days, store staff will initiate a process of attempting to contact the customer to arrange pickup. If contact cannot be established with the customer, a refund will be initiated, and the item(s) will be returned to the store's inventory.
Return and Refund Policy
Last updated: May 18, 2020
Thank you for shopping at Copperfields Gifts & Rarities.
If, for any reason, You are not completely satisfied with a purchase We invite You to review our policy on refunds and returns. Subject to the following conditions, We will do everything we can to help you resolve any issues you may have. As always, please review the photos and descriptions for any item You are considering purchasing before checking out.
The following terms are applicable for any products that You purchased with Us. If Your Return is determined to be ineligible, based on the conditions described here, We will make arrangements with You to receive back the items that were sent to Us. Any shipping costs in such circumstances will be Your responsibility.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this Return and Refund Policy:
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Copperfield's, 242 E. Main St., Ventura, CA 93001.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Website refers to Copperfields Gifts & Rarities, accessible from https://www.copperfields.biz/
- Goods refer to the items offered for sale on the Service.
- Orders mean a request by You to purchase Goods from Us.
Your Order Cancellation Rights
Subject to the conditions listed below, you are entitled to cancel Your Order within 30 days.
The deadline for cancelling an Order is 30 days from the date on which You received the Goods or on which a third party you have appointed, who is not the carrier, takes possession of the product delivered.
In order to exercise Your right of cancellation, You must inform Us of your decision by means of a clear statement. You can inform us of your decision by:
- By email: [email protected]
- By visiting this page on our website: https://store.copperfields.biz/service/
As long as your Return meets the requirements listed below, we will reimburse You no later than 14 days from the day on which We receive the returned Goods. We will use the same means of payment as You used for the Order, and You will not incur any fees for such reimbursement.
Conditions for Returns
In order for the Goods to be eligible for a return, please make sure that:
- The Goods were purchased in the last 30 days
- The Goods are in the original packaging
- The Goods were not used or damaged
- You have the receipt or proof of purchase
The following Goods cannot be returned:
- The supply of Goods made to Your specifications or clearly personalized.
- The supply of Goods which according to their nature are not suitable to be returned, deteriorate rapidly or where the date of expiry is over.
- The supply of Goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and were unsealed after delivery.
- The supply of Goods which are, after delivery, according to their nature, inseparably mixed with other items.
- The supply of Goods which are pre-owned or "used," "vintage," "antique," "mid-century," etc., the reason for return being condition issues disclosed in the item description and/or photos.
We reserve the right to refuse returns of any merchandise that does not meet the above return conditions in our sole discretion.
Returns for "Not-New" Goods
All Goods sold on this site that are not brand new (e.g., "pre-owned," "used," "vintage," "antique," "mid-century," etc.) are sold AS IS. The buyer is responsible for examining the images and reading the descriptions for such Goods carefully. Any condition issues disclosed in either photos of Goods or description of Goods are part of the AS IS condition of such Goods, and are not eligible reasons for return.
Not-new Goods that are mechanical items, tools, and other devices, such as watches, typewriters, clocks, etc., are sold for novelty purposes only and are only advertised to have functioned at the time they were tested, and to the extent described in the description, if advertised to function at all. Not-new mechanical Goods are neither sold for, nor guaranteed for, practical use—any subsequent breakdown or malfunction after receiving such Goods is not the responsibility of the Company, and will not be accepted as a reason for return.
You are responsible for the cost and risk of returning the Goods to Us. You should send the Goods to the following address:
COPPERFIELD'S — RETURNS
242 E. Main St.
Ventura, CA 93001
We cannot be held responsible for Goods damaged or lost in return shipment. Therefore, We recommend an insured and trackable mail service. We are unable to issue a refund without actual receipt of the Goods or proof of received return delivery.
If you need to exchange a product for the same one, contact us. Please note that We only replace Goods you received defective or damaged in transit.
If the Goods were marked as a gift when purchased and then shipped directly to you, You'll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned product is received, a gift certificate will be sent to You.
If the Goods weren't marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the Order shipped to themselves to give it to You later, We will send the refund to the gift giver.
If you have any questions about our Returns and Refunds Policy, please contact us: